Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

Silver Washed Fritillary


 

I dropped into Houghton Forest late afternoon to try and improve my SWF shots. It was fairly quiet on the rides, lots of Large Skippers and Ringlets with a plethora of Whites. Just a glimpse of an Emperor up in the canopy, several fresh Commas and a single Red Admiral. Disappointingly just a single moth eaten specimen of a SWF which I photographed. By now the sun was dipping behind the trees and only patches were sunlit so I meandered back to the car park. Sod's Law prevailed, right next to my car were three specimens avidly feeding on the Hogweed, mission accomplished - by a streak of good luck.

Very tatty!!



















A pair of Large Skippers???




Before Houghton Forest I visited Lord's Piece again to try for some Emperor Dragonfly shots, I was particularly keen to get a male but this female was very obliging. The males remained aloof, I also noted a Common Darter.



 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment