Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

One or Two

During my visit to Arlington yesterday I had the distinct impression that there were two Ospreys present. During the morning visit I noticed that the first bird had a distinctly out of shape tail with  possible missing feathers and a distinctive "notch" in the fourth "finger" of the port wing, On the later sighting the bird's tail is also damaged but less so and I assumed a second bird but I wasn't sure. However, comparison of my photos seem to support this. The second bird appears to have a darker brown patch on the underside but this may be due to light factors and the underwing patterns differ.


The more I look the more confused I become - What do you think Dick??



"Osprey 1" damaged tail and notch in left wing -  0710








"Osprey 2" tail more or less complete, darker patch underneath - 1250






And.....just one more shot  of this delightful bird.



No comments:

Post a Comment