Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

Green Hairstreak

An early start, in fact too early, when no self respecting butterfly would be flying. However, sitting on Mill Hill waiting for the early morning sunshine to gain some heat was put to good effect. Lots of birds about but the highlight was a male Sparrowhawk terrorising the local Blackbird population, though I didn't witness him having any success.

Finally I found a fresh and obliging specimen of the Green Hairstreak which, thank goodness, was highly territorial. I had switched cameras and had failed to check all the settings, hence when I first spotted the target I didn't get a single satisfactory shot. I took a seat and waited and sure enough a few minutes later it returned and allowed me to take as many shots as I wished. Thanks have to go to Leigh Prevost who gave me spot on directions for this species.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment