Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Big Garden Bird Watch

I couldn't miss this annual event so between 0900 and 1000 this morning I set watch at the patio doors. I cheated slightly as half an hour before the start I topped up all the feeders and scattered some ground feed on the bird table. As always, the majority of the bird species came in the first twenty minutes and according to the Law of Sod, the Long-tailed Tits turned up ten minutes late. Two Jays were the necwomers to the list and a notable absentee was the Magpie. My neighbour, to the rear of my property, religiously feeds the gulls, today he had a lie in and I only logged the ever present Herring Gull. The Black-headed Gulls usually perching on my roof before decending into his garden. Really nice to have the House Sparrows, courtesy a of hole in a neighbour's roof, they have bred and remained local. I hope to put up a sparrow terrace box this year.

Final List:

Blackbird
Blackcap
Blue Tit
Chaffinch
Coal Tit
Collared Dove
Crow
Dunnock
Goldcrest
Goldfinch
Great Tit
Greenfinch
Herring Gull
House Sparrow
Jay
Robin
Starling
Wood Pigeon




No comments:

Post a Comment