Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Splish Splash - Chiffchaff

During this prolonged dry spell I have made sure that the birdbath is regularly topped up. Most of the garden species use it for a drink or a bath, the Blue Tits prefer to bathe alone, the House Sparrows and Starlings communally and the Wood Pigeons just make a mess. Whilst catching up on garden chores I was aware that there was a Chiffchaff flitting in and out of the garden, not least from his frequent calls. As always, I had the camera available and sure enough he came into drink and I duly snapped away. It appeared he was desperate for a bath but every time he started he spooked himself and took to hiding in the crab apple tree. Finally he plucked up courage to take the plunge, as it were, and had a thorough drenching. I am reluctant to anthropomorphise but whilst processing the images I had a distinct impression that he didn't really enjoy it.


 












 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment