Pages

Thursday 3 March 2016

Firecrest

A bit of a dilemma, with nothing planned I had an easy start to the day but it all changed when Martin rang and said that there was a Red-throated Diver on Arlington reservoir, did I want to go. I replied that if we were going out I would prefer another go at the Arundel Firecrests. After two hours of staring at a bramble patch at WWT Arundel we were both secretly thinking "should have gone to Arlington".  When a Goldcrest turned up spirits lifted then Martin spotted a Firecrest and finally we were in business. Catching a small bird like the Firecrest is fairly difficult and the reject rate from the large amount of shots that I took is too large to own up to.















 
Anyway, I finished up with some reasonable  shots and there is always the chance the RTD will hang around until tomorrow. Nice to meet Mick Jenner loitering in an undisclosed location.

1 comment:

  1. Not an easy subject Dave they don't sit still for long!

    ReplyDelete