Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Sparrowhawk

Liz alerted me to the possibility of a Greenfinch visiting the garden feeders; they have been resident in the area for at least twenty five years but sadly, this year, they disappeared. So I sat gazing out of the patio windows hoping for a glimpse when a familiar bird swept past the window and alighted on the feeders just ten feet away from me. I called Liz and ran for a camera - nothing ready to hand so I assembled what I had and crept back into the sitting room - the bird was still there. Over the next few minutes it terrorised the garden - even walking through the bottom of a tangle of ground level branches in an attempt  to grab a sparrow. These shots are what I could manage on a dark dreary day with no light and shooting through double glazing - hope he comes back on a sunny day.










 

Three shots to record yesterday's foray into East Sussex for the Glossy Ibis at Pett Level, unfortunately a no show both am and pm. But a visit to Dungeness provided some entertainment.





No comments:

Post a Comment