Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

Spoonbill

I had an itch that needed scratching; having at first ignored the Spoonbill at Newhaven Tidemills, I then decided that I should at least record it; of course on subsequent visits I missed it. So today, with reasonable weather, I paid a quick return visit. Thanks to other kind birders I managed to locate the bird in the creek, not the best shots in the world, but at long last I have captured photographs of its presence.









Very little else to be seen, the Eiders were out by the Lighthouse on the end of the West Pier. There were nearly 60 birds roosting on the rocks, probably mixed Purplies and Turnstones - just too far away for a positive ID with only bins. Nice to meet another Martin, hope his Spoonbill shots were OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment