Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Red-breasted Mergansers

With just two hours of sunshine predicted for the early morning, I made a quick trip to the Old Fort at Shoreham Harbour to try to get some shots of the female Black Redstart. Unfortunately a bit of a wasted trip, apart from several Purplies on the woodwork there was very little to be seen. Surprisingly I wasn't the only birder about, perhaps like me, people needed fresh air after the previous day's activities. On the way home I called into the Widewater on the off chance of something different. In residence were 7 Red-breasted Mergansers (3M 4F) so in the reasonable  light I captured some of their antics. Yes I know I have done it before but I couldn't resist it.



 






Just watch this




Show off!!




I was going to visit the gull roost at Ferring but, by the time I made Sea Lane in Goring, the sea front was full of strollers and dog walkers, so home for breakfast. The forecast for the next few days looks extremely bleak so I am glad I got out for a while.










No comments:

Post a Comment