Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

A job half done

I realised that the record of the tagged Red Kite was incomplete in that I had only captured the right wing tag which was blue. So in almost perfect weather I went up on The Burgh to see if I could achieve a complete record. Sure enough there it was, sat only yards from the spot that I had first located it. I duly recorded and logged the event and then I continued along the path up to the wood and on to the "Dew Pond".   Unfortunately the spot where I wanted to set up was next to a field containing combined harvesters.  The rape seed harvest is well under-way and knowing the racket these machines make I moved over to Canada Barn. Very little activity and I only noted three Red Kites, three Buzzards and the ubiquitous Kestrel.



Left tag  - Yellow 3, Right tag - Blue 3

The warmer sunshine has brought out the butterflies and I noted, among others, Commas on the Hemp agrimony that is just coming into flower. Perhaps a return with a macro is called for.



Comma on Hemp Agrimony


On the way back I met three nice ladies who were in training for the Brighton to Paris cycle ride. A  great idea - think of all the pubs that you have to stop at on the way - it could take months to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment