Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Arundel

Reports of a Bittern showing on one of the lakes at the Arundel ATT were enough to mobilise me after several days inertia. Not only that, the BBC weather forecast was completely wrong. Although temperatures were low and the biting north easter cut through everything it was bright and sunny. Arriving at the visitor centre a tad early and embarassingly rattling the doors I made my way to the Scrape Hide.  Oddly enough when I arrived there were three birders already staring out over the frozen wastes looking for any sign of movement. Not sure how they got in before me. After about an hour and a half I was sufficiently cold enough to need a brisk walk so visited the rest of the reserve in the hope of finding a friendly male Bullfinch posing in the morning sunshine.

Needless to say that I couldn't find one, so I made my way to the exit but couldn't resist unshipping the camera for some shots of three resplendent Smew, all of which had got spring on their minds.

Outside the main door a birder was photographing - you guessed it - a Bullfinch. Unfortunately none of the photos I took were of good quality - just too far away and when I tried to get nearer it spooked.



Smew

Smew

Smew

Bullfinch


Bullfinch



“ Which of my photographs is my favourite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow."  – Imogen Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment