Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Grey Phalarope

A call from Martin alerting me to the presence of a Grey Phalarope at Hove Lagoon had me hurriedly throwing my gear into the car and setting off for Hove. Unfortunately Sunday is not a good day to be in a hurry, no one driving on the road wanted to make any progress, preferring to watch the incoming tide pound Worthing beach yet again. I arrived at the lagoon, parked as best as I could and searched for a crowd of birders - none to be seen, then I saw Martin waving and it dawned on me that the bird was in the kiddies paddling pool. By now the light had gone, beneath yet more dark rain clouds, so it was high ISO to photograph the most obliging bird I have ever seen.  Anyway I managed a few decent record shots, such a shame there was no sun as a few catchlights would have made all the difference.

Nice to meet Leigh Prevost and Gary Faulkner at last - thanks to Martin for another year tick.





No comments:

Post a Comment