Pages

Friday 6 April 2012

Old Lodge

Old Lodge on a cold and frosty morning - I think the low temperatures had everyone subdued as there were few birds or people about when I arrived. A large flock of Linnets were feeding under the trees where the ground was free of frost, obviously the pine cones are still a source of food. The Chaffinches were doing the same but not in flocks- just pairs. The usual Lesser Redpolls were in the birch trees above the car park and a flock of Siskins were moving noisily through the trees
Linnets
Chaffinch in Heaven
Linnets
As the temperature rose and the sun thawed out the landscape then the Woodlarks came out as did the Stonechats, one pair were happy to come close and totally ignored me. Plenty of small birds about and every clump of pines had feeding Goldcrests and Blue Tits
  
Stonechat


Stonechat

Stonechat
Stonechat

Woodlark


Woodlark

Just as I was unshipping the camera from the tripod an obliging Goldcrest visited the tree above me - it was too close and I couldn't get focus until it moved away. Normally you strugggle to get close enough!.
Goldcrest


No comments:

Post a Comment